Make way, make way! Veneers are here to save the day. Ready to pave the way to a beautiful and effortless smile? Here is the solution.
Veneers are thin shells composed of either resin or porcelain. They are custom made to fit the form and structure of the teeth correctly. Other than providing beautiful smiles, the dental prostheses can fix a handful of dental problems. These problems range from chipped teeth, stained teeth, cracked teeth, uneven alignment, worn down and unevenly spaced teeth. They also provide strength and resilience that resemble tooth enamel. Veneers are durable and hard to stain; they are popular for people aiming to achieve that picture-perfect smile.
How are they placed?
Veneers are considered as a less intrusive option compared to braces and crowns. The standard procedure takes about two appointments. However, if the veneers are premade, the application can be done in one go. Here are the steps on how veneers are placed on the teeth:
- The use of local anesthesia for the placement of veneers depends on the patient’s level of sensitivity. The dentist will thoroughly clean the tooth and determine the perfect shade of veneer that matches the teeth. A small amount of tooth enamel will be removed to make space for the veneers.
- A temporary veneer will be put in place while an impression of the tooth is being made in the laboratory.
- Once the laboratory has finished making the veneers, they will be delivered to the dentist. The temporary veneers will be removed, and the teeth will be cleaned once more. The prostheses are then etched, rinsed with water, and adequately air-dried. The dentist will soon place the adhesive to attach the veneer in a perfect fit.
- The veneer will be light cured to attach it to the structure of the teeth.
- Lastly, any excess material will be removed, and the dentist will polish the margins of the veneers.
Benefits of Veneers
If having teeth that look as natural as possible is the goal, dental veneers are one of the suitable options. Gum tissue tolerates the porcelain well. In addition, veneers cannot be stained; this is beneficial for those who worry about stained teeth. Lastly, the prostheses offer a convenient approach to improving the color and structure of the teeth.
Bring out your best smile with Traditional Veneers in Hicksville, NY, book your appointments at Philip M. Tornatore! Call us to experience outstanding results that make your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.