Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed in the jawbone. They are used to replace missing teeth and provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
Dental implants were first developed in the 1960s by Nobel Laureate Dr. Branemark. They have been used successfully to replace missing teeth for more than 50 years.
Dental implants are made up of two parts: the implant itself, which is a screw-like titanium post, and the abutment, which is a small metal piece that attaches to the implant. The abutment can be used to attach a crown or bridge.
The way it works is that the implant replaces the root of your tooth and acts as an anchor for your replacement teeth. The actual tooth will be constructed on top of this and will be held in place by a number of different attachments – depending on what you want to do with your teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a great solution for people who have lost their teeth. They are a permanent solution that can be used to replace one or more missing teeth.
The advantages of dental implants include:
– They look natural because they are made from titanium and they are anchored into your jawbone
– They allow you to chew normally
– They can improve your speech by making it easier to pronounce certain words
– They help improve appearance as well as self-esteem
– They last for decades, so you won’t have to worry about the cost of replacing them every few years
– They allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene; and much more.
Dental Implants in Plainview Nassau County
If you are looking for a reliable practice for dental implants in Plainview Nassau County, Philip M. Tornatore, DDS is the market leader. Call them on (516) 931 5483 or book an appointment by filling out a simple contact form present on their official website DrPhilDDS.com.